Custom Search

Resort's Evening Offerings  

SHOAIB SIDDIQUI infobyshoaib

Shop-darling


In the years since my prom in 1997, fashion choices for the big event have changed drastically. I wore a brownish printed dress from the '70sa cheapy I scored at the now-defunct East Village treasure Love Saves the Day. I paired my retro dress, which was made before I was born, with Steve Madden platforms (much to my dismay, one of my best friends wore the same ones). Nowadays, or so I hear, kids growing up in New York wear Preen and Hervé Léger for their prom night festivities. My most high-fashion prom moment was changing into a Betsey Johnson minidress for the after-party. But, all these years later I still wear both pieces (most recently, I wore my long brown prom dress at the Cannes Film Festival). If I were 17 again, I'd be tempted to wear one of these resort 2010 looks: Alexander Wang sparkle minidress (sexy in that I'm-not-trying-too-hard kind of way), Celine top and slim pants (who says you have to wear a dress to the prom?), Stella McCartney gold gown (all-out glamour, without a hint of pouf), and Louis Vuitton black halter dress (classic, perfect).

—Violet Moon Gaynor

Prom

From left to right: Resort 2010 looks from Alexander Wang, Celine, Stella McCartney, and Louis Vuitton

This entry was posted on 2:38 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 Fashion World

HIT COUNTER

Live Online Songs

      © COPYRIGHT 2008 MastiMella.com. All rights reserved.
     Advertisement | WebSite Contract | Link Exchange | Contact Us